Wednesday, January 20, 2010

So, you think it's Easy

It's been almost 30 days since I've decided to be an active ETSY seller.  I've tried to do what most ETSY sellers are doing to get that "coveted" sale.
1. take good photos
2. write interesting  and SEO friendly descriptions
3. go to the forums and post
4. join my Teams
5. twitter
6. facebook
7. blog
8. research on promotion ideas
9. and do steps 1-8 all over again. 
Did I mention that I still need to do my products, packaging, shipping, inventory, business files and run my household at the same time? 

I can't help but raise an eyebrow and smile when I hear these:

 "Oh, you JUST stay home!"
"Lucky you"
" I hate going to work." 
"At  least your not like me, I'm so tired at the office."

If they only knew...right Etsy people?

For those complainers out there... "how about we switch places for a week?"   I'm sure you'll really love our "EASY LIFE"!!!

5 comments:

  1. I totally agree.
    I live like you "Easy Life",
    no free second at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, my favorite is, "Lucky you!" At least you can raise an eyebrow and smile...sometimes I'm making quite the face when I hear those remarks! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said! I used to work from home, but no one ever considered that I was working, I would always get calls, or can you drive me here, or pick up this! I always found working from home much harder that working at an office. At least at the office, you can leave it there! At home, work is always there! Enjoyed your post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The grass is always greener, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete