Thursday, December 3, 2009

Black friday

Last Thanksgiving, aside from being busy with the cooking and baking, I began to work.  That is prepare my website and etsy shop for Black Friday and Cyber Monday.  The experience is both exciting and frustrating at the same time. 

These are the few things I learned as a retailer  about this important shopping day:

1. Prepare ahead of time.  Upload items earlier during the week and not on the last minute.  It's stressful when you see the clock ticking.
2. Advertise. Advertise... and Advertise!  At least a week before or even earlier.  Now I know what my inbox and mailbox are full 2 weeks before Thanksgiving.
3. It's the perfect time to reconnect with past clients.  Not only for marketing purposes but to thank them for trusting a budding company.

Lessons learned and the planning for 2010 is brewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment